WELCOME

**PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG AT**

Friday, October 28, 2011

FREE KNIT PATTERN - Adult Hat-Cap-Beanie

KNIT ADULT HAT-CAP-BEANIE
designed and created by Janet Marie Marston-McGregor
posted on 10/28/2011

I went through some of my old yarn stash - found a big ball of yarn - I have no idea the brand - but pretty sure it’s Red Heart - anyway, I remember using it back in 1998 - yes, it’s that old - I remember making a gift for my gramma (now passed) and this is what’s left - making myself a knit hat/cap/beanie, and, if enough is left, will make a scarf.


Making it up as I go along - nothing fancy - just wanted to use it up and since I know I used this for my gramma, will be a “comfort” thing.

:)

I knit slower than crochet - and can’t do fancy stitches - just basic - may trim in crochet.
Knitting in the round - for me, it’s the easiest way to get that knit/pearl look without trying to count - I am really bad at that - what i like about knitting in the round is you get knit on one side and pearl on the other - and don’t have to remember to switch and do it backwards.
________________________________________

With size 8 circulars, cast on 80 (why 80? just seemed to be the right size for my head)

K all around till desired length - I want it to cover my ears - leave long tail - weave through, pull tight - sew it up (optional); tie it off; make a pompom

Knitting in the round - for me, it’s the easiest way to get that knit/pearl look without trying to count - I am really bad at that - what i like about knitting in the round is you get knit on one side and pearl on the other - and don’t have to remember to switch and do it backwards


For the TRIM, I did 4 rows of SC (in back loops) with size G hook - added a nice big fluffy pompom - made it long enough to fit over my ears

Please do not sell this pattern - you may use it (and sell what you make), share it, and link back to this site. Enjoy!



________________________________________


10/23/2011 - BEGIN
10/24/2011 - I think I may finish this today - just in time for our snowstorm!
10/26/2011 - FINISHED!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog